Wear Safety Glasses: Five Tips for RememberingAugust 25, 2019
Many Americans reported that losing eyesight would potentially have “the greatest impact on their day-to-day life, more so than other conditions including: loss of limb, memory, hearing and speech,” according to a poll conducted by Research!America and vision-research organizations.
With that in mind, Honeywell provides five tips that can help manufacturing workers remember to wear their eye protection.
1. Keep glasses near work tools. Keeping everything together in one place helps workers remember their eyewear. If the safety glasses are next to their hard hat, harness, boots or other equipment they need to perform a job, then workers have a better chance of remembering the eyewear.
2. Don’t take them off. Wearing glasses during breaks helps, as removing glasses during a break could cause workers to forget to put them back on when they go back to work.
3. Select comfortable, trendy styles. Gone are the days of one-size-doesn’t-really-fit-all safety glasses. For example, many Honeywell Uvex glasses offer adjustability features that allow them to fit a variety of face shapes and sizes. Comfortable glasses reduce the urge to take them off. Other features such as anti-fog coatings, included with the Uvex Hydroshield AF (pictured), for example, mean that there’s no need to remove glasses for wiping.
4. Listen to reminders. Whether reading signs or listening to safety directors and peers, workers should heed reminders to wear eye protection.
5. Participate in rewards programs. Positive reinforcement offers one way to help workers prioritize safety protocols. Incentives could be provided for time periods without dangerous incidents. Rewards for safe days may range from a pizza party to an extra day off of work.
Wearable Devices On the Rise—for Workplace Safety and Other ...
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Milwaukee Tool's New Banded Ear Plugs Provide All-Day Comfor...
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Bluetooth-Enabled Light Curtains Perfect for IoT Initiatives
Friday, February 12, 2021
Rockford Systems Promotes Matt Brenner to Vice President & G...
Wednesday, January 20, 2021