Understanding and Overcoming PPE Pain PointsNovember 2, 2022
A recent J. J. Keller Center for Market Insights study on PPE (personal protective equipment) pain points finds that more than 90 percent of manufacturing-company leaders “often or sometimes” have issues with their employees following proper PPE protocols. Among the reasons why: lack of adequate sizing, heat stress, and supply-chain disruptions.
- 34 percent struggle to buy PPE in the sizes they need
- 35 percent struggle to purchase PPE that fits their female employees
- 71 percent say that they have “often or sometimes” experienced supply-chain delays in the past year
- 90 percent have trouble getting their employees to wear their PPE.
Why do employees resist wearing their PPE? Alarmingly, among the most-often cited reasons:
- Didn’t think it was necessary
- Didn’t know it was required
- Made the job more difficult.