Manage a Feed Line from One LocationApril 1, 2017
Coe Press Equipment, Sterling Heights, MI, introduces the SyncMaster feed-line control package for integrated coil-feed lines, allowing operators to control servo-feed, straightener and coil-reel setups and functions from a single location. With features typically only included with fully integrated PLC-based systems, SyncMaster setups include a coil reel, power straightener with AC drive, and a PLC that controls the straightener and reel and communicates with the servo feed. The servo feed has a touchscreen HMI that controls the feed and communicates via Ethernet with the straightener and reel.
Among the system’s features:
• Mode control and jogging of the straightener from the feeder HMI
• Laser loop monitoring and control configurable from the HMI
• Thread-table raise and lower control from the HMI
• Line-speed averaging to avoid straightener stopping/starting
• Automatic lubrication control and mandrel expansion configurable from the HMI
• Automatic drag-brake setting for the coil reel, set up by job recipe
• Tight loop sensing and interlock to the feeder to stop production
• Loop-feed fault detection to stop the straightener if the feeder isn’t running
• System E-stop control from the feeder and straightener operating stations.
The SyncMaster controller features a user-friendly 5.7-in. color touchscreen with a selectable scale for feed length, passline height and edge guides. It provides a 400-job set memory, automatic speed compensation, and fault display and history.
Coe Press Equipment: www.cpec.com
View Glossary of Metalforming Terms
See also: Coe Press Equipment Corporation
Technologies: Coil and Sheet Handling
Magic Coil Orders Turret-Head Slitting Line from Braner/Loop...
November 1, 2017
Optimize Straightener-Feeder Power Consumption Based on Shee...
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Dallas Industries Acquires Coil-Feed Business Unit of U.S. M...
Thursday, October 28, 2021