Five-Axis Laser CuttingOctober 1, 2019
BLM Group demonstrates the LT-Free five-axis laser-cutting system for cutting bent and hydroformed tubes, flat and deep-drawn sheets and welded assemblies. With laser power to 3 kW, table dimensions of 1500 by 1000 mm, and axis stroke to X=2950 mm, Y=950 mm, Z=750 mm, C=continuous, B=140 deg, it’s ideal for machining a variety of materials. Included is CAD/CAM software to create part programs in a simple 3D graphical environment.With material type and thickness selected, the intuitive controller sets all cutting parameters and optimal focus position. Operations traditionally performed in sequence—cutting, drilling, punching, milling and deburring—now can be performed on a single machine.
Specify the machine in a variety of material-handling configurations:
- Entry level—Two fixed workpiece tables for batch processing of bent tubes, hydroformed parts, and stamped and flat sheet.
- Mid flex—Equipped with dual shuttle tables that automatically shift in and out of the laser work zone, enabling load/unload simultaneous to laser processing and uninterrupted production.
- One flex—The fixed table and robot make this version ideal for processing large pieces for low-volume, high-mix production.
- High flex—A dual-robot configuration coupled with dual shuttle tables, also enabling loading and unloading without interrupting the cutting process.
- Piece value—A large rotary indexing table offers efficient and continuous production.
See also: BLM Group USA