Punch-Press Tool Helps Fabricators Eliminate Costly Secondary BendsMay 17, 2016
Wilson Tool International has introduced Opti-Bend tooling that allows sheetmetal fabricators to create bends to 90 deg. on a punch press, which helps eliminate the need for secondary operations at a press brake. A rotating cam in the die bends the material during the punching stroke, which simulates the cycling of a press brake with little or no sheet marking on soft or polished materials.
Opti-Bend tooling is available for use in the following types of punch press machines.
- Available in single-hit and progressive styles
- Available in B, C, D, E stations
- Works in hydraulic machines with hover functionality
- Maximum bend: 90 deg., and 3 deg. of overbend
- Allows for bending flanges with forms in them
- Available in single hit and progressive styles
- Works in Group I machines only (requires hover functionality)
- Maximum bend: 90 deg., plus 3 deg. of overbend