IMTS 2014--Come Together, Leave Informed
From Sept. 8 to 13, Chicago’s McCormick Place will play host to IMTS 2014, where more than 1900 exhibiting companies will showcase their wares for an expected audience of more than 100,000 visitors. All told, more than 1.2 million sq. ft. of floor space will serve as the stage for leading-edge technology in nine product-category pavilions, including:
• Fabricating/Laser/Additive—Laser- and waterjet cutting and machining, welding equipment, robotics, stamping technology and—for the first time ever—additive manufacturing/3D printing.
• Controls and CAD-CAM—Controls, CAD/CAM and other digitally enabled tools, designed to help define smart manufacturing, the “Industrial Internet of Things,” Industry 4.0 and other advancements in the digital enterprise.
• Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing—Grinding technology, honing and polishing machines, circular and band saws.
• Metal Cutting—This pavilion is where you'll find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment, machining centers, turning centers, drilling, boring, milling and more.
Other IMTS pavilions feature EDM, manufacturing software, gear making, tooling and workholding and quality assurance.
Visitors also will have the opportunity to visit the co-located Industrial Automation North America event. Industrial Automation North America at IMTS offers conferences, workshops and training sessions where exhibitors and attendees can discuss pressing issues and trends.
Conference sessions include:
• Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit—Presented by Control Engineering and Plant Engineering, CFE Media and Hannover Messe, The Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit focuses on industrial automation, mobility and modern maintenance practices. Speakers from Alcoa and Chrysler will share their expertise to help end-users increase productivity and meet manufacturing challenges.
• Motion, Drive & Automation Conference—Experts will discuss best practices in motion control, power transmission and fluid power. On the agenda: robotic control, guidance and inspection, linear actuators, 3D printing and 3D machining.
Technical Sessions Offer Something for Everyone
The IMTS technical-conference schedule kicks off on Monday, September 8, with registration open at 8:30 am. One-hr. presentations, which run in three concurrent tracks, feature every topic under the sun, including:
Registration and Show Hours Register to attend IMTS 2014 by visiting www.imts.com, On-site registration opens on Monday, Sept. 8, at 8 am in the East and West buildings of McCormick Place and at 9 am in the North and South buildings. Attendee show hours: • East and West buildings: 9 am to 5 pm
• Lights-out machining
Registration and Show Hours
Register to attend IMTS 2014 by visiting www.imts.com, On-site registration opens on Monday, Sept. 8, at 8 am in the East and West buildings of McCormick Place and at 9 am in the North and South buildings. Attendee show hours:
• East and West buildings: 9 am to 5 pm• North and South buildings: 10 am to 6 pm
• High-performance metalworking fluids
• Additive manufacturing
• Automation for low-volume production
• Training for existing and emerging technologies
• High-power lasers and their applications
• Laser scanners for non-contact measurement
• Demystifying 5-axis machining
Last but not least, schedule some time during your visit to stop by Booth N-6354 in the Fabricating/Laser/Additive Manufacturing pavilion and say hello to the staffs of MetalForming magazine and the Precision Metalforming Association. MF
There are no comments posted at this time.