Each of the four sponsoring organizations backing FABTECH—the Precision Metalforming Association (PMA), the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association (FMA), the American Welding Society (AWS) and the Chemical Coaters Association International (CCAI)—produces its own set of conference tracks throughout the week. Technology areas addressed: finishing, stamping, cutting, lasers, forming and fabricating, job shop solutions, automation and robotics, lean, management, tube and pipe, and welding.
The complete conference schedule is available online, www.fabtechexpo.com/education.cfm. Here are a few highlights from each day.
Monday, November 18
Precision Punching and Cutting Technology:
Error proofing in metalforming and assembly highlights the In-Die Electronics educational track on Monday morning, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
a. Tooling Solutions for Stamping
b. New Technology for Increased Tool Life and Shear Edge Quality in Punching
- Trends and Advances in Laser Technology
- Cost Estimating for the Job Shop
- Lean Principle: Strategic Planning and Organizational Alignment
- Welding Dissimilar Metals (8:15 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- In-Die Electronics
a. Error-Proofing Metalforming and Assembly
b. Automatic In-Die Part Quality Monitoring and Tool Adjustments
- Trends in Industrial Coatings
- Rollforming Best Practices
- Leading Your Organization to Profitability
- Forming Stainless Steel Tubes
An Engineering Approach to Die Design
Learn about automated press-brake operations at a technical session on Monday afternoon, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
a. A Performance-Based Die Engineering Approach for Processing High Strength Steel Stampings
b. Systematic Process Improvement: Formability Design and Production
- Material Handling Solutions for the Job Shop
- Automation Solutions for Press Brakes, with Tech Tour
- Lean Principle: Developing People and Processes
- Welding Metallurgy (1:00-5:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, November 19
- Engineering Optimum Sheetmetal Stamping Costs: Blank, Tools, Presses
Material handling: Requirements and Variations on the Job
On Tuesday morning, from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m., take in a technical session titled, Leveling—Making Material Flat.
a. Coil Processing Enhancement Features
b. Big to Small, Scrap to Parts, Moving Metals in Your Plant
- Leveling: Making Material Flat
- Press Brake Safety: Changes to ANSI B11/3-2012 Explained
- Automated Deburring, with Tech Tour
- Building a Competency-Based Training and Development Program (8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Advances in Stamping Technology
a. Comparative Analysis of Hydraulic, Mechanical and Servo Press Drive Systems
b. New Blanking Technologies on the Horizon
New Developments in Waterjet Cutting
New developments in waterjet cutting is the subject of a technical session slated for Tuesday morning, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Coil Processing from Start to Finish
- Practical Approach to Developing a Strategic Plan
- Advancements in Welded Tube Production
- In-Die Value-Added Assembly
a. Gaining a Competitive Advantage through In-Die Fastener Installation
b. In-Die/In-Tool Welding of Hardware and Assemblies
- Achieving an Excellent Powder Coat Finish
- Bending and Forming Technology
- Maintenance for the Job Shop
- Lean Tools: Value-Stream Mapping —Addressing the Differences Between the Office and the Shop Floor
- Workforce Recruitment Strategies
Wednesday, November 20
- Regulatory Compliance
a. OSHA Compliant Stamping Press Inspections—How and Why
b. Green Fluid Technology for Metal Stamping
- Innovations in Plasma Cutting
- Automation: Robotic Material Handling for Lean High Mix/Low Volume Shops
- Lean Tools: Quick Changeover and TPM
- Marketing for Fabricators
- Workforce: Preparing Next Gen Leaders
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Traceability and Production Efficiency
Slated for Tuesday afternoon, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Maintenance for the Job Shop
a. Traceability in Metalforming Using RFID Technologies
b. Increasing Production Efficiency Using Machine Mount and Distributed I/O
- Lean Tools: 5S Workplace Organization and Standardization
- Workforce: Boost Performance Through Employee Engagement
- Game-Changing Technology to Increase Productivity
a. Frictionless Metalforming with Water
b. Expanded Markets for Stamped Parts by Adoption of Advanced Technologies
- Is Powder Coat Over E-Coat Right for You?
- Punch Press Technology, with Tech Tour
- Grow Your Business Using the Web and Social Media
- Principles of Tube Bending
Thursday, November 21
- Deep Draw Technologies
a. Proportional Pressure Controls
b. Case Study: Deep Draw Filter Can Line at Baldwin Filters
- Laser Scanning
- Strategically Growing Business in North America
- Corrosion of Welds: Causes and Cures (8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) MF
Related Enterprise Zones: Automation, Coil Handling, Fabrication, Lubrication, Management, Materials/Coatings, Other Processes, Presses, Quality Control, Rollforming, Safety, Sensing/Electronics, Software, Tool & Die, Training, Welding
There are no comments posted at this time.